My professional experiences are in R&D and Engineering project
management. I am also the co-founder of an internet job search company
based in Malaysia. My technical background is in RF systems engineering,
wireless communications systems, antenna design, electromagnetism,
engineering project management and computational electrodynamics.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University, 2006
- B.S.E.E., Electrical Engineering (Minor in Physics), Barrett Honors College, 2000.
Research & Work Experience
- Lecturer, International School of Engineering, Chulalongkorn
University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Professor of Engineering, Arizona Western College, Yuma, AZ, USA
- Principle Staff Engineer, Motorola Solutions, Malaysia
- Research Assistant Professor, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, USA
- Senior Staff Engineer, Motorola Labs, Tempe, AZ, USA
Conference & Publications
- “Adaptive Responsivity RF Receiver Detector System” United States
Patent Application 20090163160, submitted June 25th, 2009
(Ingrassia Fisher & Lorenz, P.C. (Motorola))
- “Eyewear Communication System” United States Patent Application
20090156128, submitted June 18th, 2009 (Ingrassia Fisher & Lorrenz,
P.C. (Motorola)) (www.google.com/patents/US20090156128)
- “Hybrid Antenna for Portable Radio Communications Device” in
submission process by Motorola Solutions, 2015.
- Z/Zhang, D. Lim, R. Diaz, “Image theory for plasmon-modified
luminescence near nanospheres”, Proc. SPIE 8595, Colliodal
Nanocrystals for Biomedical Applications VIII, 859508 (February 22,
- N. Dzulkifly, M. Saravanan, T.M. Shu, H.T. So, D. Lim, “Using RSSI
to characterize the radio channel”, Penang Motorola Technical
- D. Lim, A. Kang, H.T. So, S. S. Tan, C.K. Oon, “A Mathematical
Model for Radio Range Testing”, Penang Motorola Technical
- Amlani, N. Pimparkar, K. Nordquist, D. Lim, S. Clavijo, Z. Qian, R.
Emrick, “Automated Removal of Metallic Carbon Nanotubes in a
Nanotube Ensemble by Electrical Breakdown”, in 8th IEEE
Conference on Nanotechnology, pp239-242, 18-21 Aug 2008,
- R.E. Diaz and D. Lim, “Fullwave Simulation of the Interaction
between a Molecule and a Photonic Antenna”, in Progress In
Electromagnetics Research Symposium, July 2-6 2008, Cambridge,
- S. Rockwell, D. Lim, B. Bosco, J.H. Baker, B. Eliasson, K. Forsyth,
M.Cromar, “Characterization and Modeling of Metal/Double-
Insulator/Metal Diodes for Millimeter Wave Wireless Receiver
Applications”, 2007 IEEE Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits
Symposium, pp171-174, 3-5 June 2007, Honolulu, USA.
- R.E. Diaz and D. Lim, “Classical emulation of molecular fluorescence
and the modification of its quantum efficiency by nearby material
structures”, in Joint International Conference on Electromagnetics in
Advanced Applications and European Electromagnetic Structures
Conference, 12-16 September 2005, pp953-955. Torino, Italy.
- D. Lim, R.E. Diaz, S. Clavijo, I. Amlani, Z. Qian, R. Lempkowski, S.
Rockwell, R. Emrick, “Electromagnetic Models of Small Metallic
Carbon Nanotubes”, URSI 2009, Charleston, USA (accepted but